Sunday, 8 November 2015

TAG

Hi all and good morning.
It's Suzanne, sharing a TAG - with lots of texture
and brown.
Well, using brown is a real challenge for me. And since the Scarab was still out I incorporated it. The special thing here is that I used real papyrus for the focal image.

supplies used
stamps
scarab N4207NS
egyptian eye from the same stamp plate 

others
matte medium CH-HSP24927
vintage photo
walnut stain 
gathered twigs
decoart media crackle paste DMM17
antiquing cream raw umber and patina green
embossing powders brown and gold
gesso
decoart dazzling metallics renaissance brown
lumiere paints

For the base I used a piece of light foamboard, cut to shape and primed with gesso. Onto this I decoupages various different kinds of paper scraps and bits of tapes, then I applied the crackle paste. When dry I painted everything with a glaze of matte medium and brown metallic paint and added antiquing creams. Finally I dry brushed a bit of leftover lumiere paint (from painting the scarab) and melted  a mix of embossing powders that I used to emboss the bug.
The scarab has been heat embossed on papyrus (my little one brought it home from a project she did at school and I kept it of course LOL - what else ...) and painted with lumiere paints covered with crackle glaze.





Thanks so very much for stopping by and have a great sunday.
Hugs, Suzanne xx
 

2 comments:

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowww, was für eine Textur. Sieht klasse aus.
LG Carola

Jetske said...

Wonderful tag, the texture is very good, and the colours are stunning!