Sunday, 6 December 2015

CHRISTMAS BOOK

Good morning to you...
We have a challenge running over on our
where our theme is...
CHRISTMAS/WINTER.
I made this folded book for my Dad...
he loves all things Christmas and saw a book I folder a while ago and liked it.... so I made and gave him this.
I kept the colours very vintage.... just used one colour of distress ink.
I stamped  the leaves with distress ink and dragged the colour through with a damp paint brush...then fussy cut them.... lots of them!
I stamped the little wrens and sentiment and did the same to colour them...just a damp brush to drag out the ink....more fussy cutting.
Iinked the folded page edges and the hessian i tied the book with.
I made the flowers from spare pages.... coloured again with the same distress ink.
Turned down some of the spare pages,,,more ink!
Put all my leaves, flowers and birds on with hot glue.
The sentiment is very fitting for my Dad....he seemed to like the book....YAY!

SUPPLIES USED
DISTRESS INK WALNUT STAIN
STAMPS USED
HEALTH,PEACE SENTIMENT SW F09097/97
TWO WRENS SW P09098/97
AMERICAN OAK BRANCH SW R13080
Hope you'll enter our challenge...you have until December 17th to link up your project.
BDx

4 comments:

ike said...

Eeeeee !!!! Mind blowingly AWESOME !! This is breathtaking - I so wish I could make that :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Gerrina said...

This is so great! Love that you did more than folding; the flowers look great!

Jetske said...

I'm flabbergasted! This is a piece of art! All those flowers and leaves, that's hours of fussy cutting! The little birds are a magnificent addition, and the subtle colouring is perfect. What a wonderful gift!

Gráinne said...

This is mindblowing, BD, so very adorable ... a booklover's dream come true :-) Hugs, Suzanne xxx