Sunday, 27 December 2015

Happy New Year

Morning all ...
I (Suzanne) do hope you all had a beautiful and festive Christmas time with your family and/or friends.
There are a few days left to look forward to a new year that hopefully will bring you lots of the things you wish for ...
I'm sharing an Art Journal page today. I often think it's not really my kind of art, although I love to watch how others master this kind of awesome creativity. I refuse being discouraged, though, and will try now and again :-) With this I wish you all a Happy New Year!!!


supplies used
stamp
city view FAS R1010

others
Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Art Journal DR-DYJ34117 
gesso black CH-HSP31383
and white 3024-32314
decoart media crackle glaze clear 
decoart media interference acrylic paints
turquoise DMFA105
blue DMFA101 
and gold DMFA100 
stazon ink pad jet black
sharpie writing pen 1742663 
watercolour pencils
wooden numbers
acrylic paints (I used decoart, but I'm sure the distress paints will work just as well) 
stencil
stencil brush
posca pen yellow

First the pages were covered with black gesso all over, then with white gesso at the bottom with my fingers. I find I can control the application better this way. The images were masked and stamped with jet black, the houses in front are coloured in with pencils. Over the white I added some yellow acrylic paint, also with my fingers. On the top a stencil was used to apply the 'fireworks' with interference paint.
The wooden numbers were also primed with gesso, painted with acrylic paint and covered with crackle glaze. When dry some decoart fluid acrylic quin gold was used to highlight the cracks.
Finally I applied a little chalk pastels around the edges, wrote the words with a yellow posca pen and outlined them with the sharpie pen.

Please have a look at our current challenge over on the de stempelwinkel stampers challenge blog which is 'Animals, Birds, Fish', we'd really love and appreciate you to play along.

My very best wishes to all of you!!
Hugs, Suzanne xx

2 comments:

Jetske said...

Suzanne, these pages are awesome! Don't feel discouraged ever again, you have made something really great. The white gesso not just makes the houses visible, but it also depicts the "smoke" that is left by the fireworks. The yellow glow of light is also very well applied. I wish you a happy and creative 2016 too!

Win Dinn said...

Fabulous, Suzanne - this is just a knockout! Wishing you a fabulous 2016, and more of the same creative fire throughout the year...xo