Monday, 21 December 2015

incense holder

Morning all ...
Suzanne here, sharing another gift idea. Okay, I made them for myself, but maybe you know someone who might like this kind of gift ;-)


supplies used
stamps
ideas muse CP Q491
wings PLATECP07 
compass circle J5607NS
rose window B4905NS
stamps from plate 'the face ...'

others
antiquing creams titanium white and patina green
ultra matte varnish DMM24-71
air drying clay
different acrylic paints from decoart 


To begin with I just flattend some air dry clay and stamped into it with moistened stamps. The pieces were placed near the radiator because the clay takes ages to dry. Positive side effect: they bent lightly by themselves. I had no idea how to achieve this beforehand so this problem was out of the way.
When finally dry I sealed them with ultra matte varnish (two coats) and painted them with different acrylic paints, sealed again with ultra matte varnish. To finish them off I applied antiquing creams, titanium white onto the blue/turquoise one, patina green on the quin gold one. Turned out I didn't like the white too much so I added acrylic paint gold and wiped off the access. Now I like it much better. On went two coats of varnish again.
Unfortunately you can't see the real colour, shine and contrast in those pics. The light is just too poor.

In detail:


I hope you like the idea and perhaps you can even think of someone who'd be glad to receive one :-)
Thanks so very very much for stopping by and having a look. Please don't miss joining our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge which is 'animals, birds, fish' this time. Have fun!

Hugs, Suzanne xx






2 comments:

Jetske said...

A very good idea, nice presents! Personally I don't like burning incense, but there are lots of people who do like it.
Using acrylic paint and antiquing creams is a very good way to colour the clay.

Ineke said...


this is a great gift. Like them both.