Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Mailbox


Hi all,

welcome to the Designteam blog and welcome to December, the time to 'count down' to Christmas.
Today I'm sharing a mailbox with you - and some envelopes I prepared to send off. Not exactly 'christmassy', though.

supplies used
stamps
from plate 'trains'
from plate 'wings'
Mercedes EI M1449
thinking N3703NS 
victorian woman P8601NS
trunks sm. SW F06076 
small stamps from plate 148

others
decoart media ultra matte varnish
and different inkpad colours from Stazon midi 
Brusho yellow, turquoise, gamboge
gesso 3024-32314
Distress inkpad vintage photo
glossy accents 
reactive metallic paints
(of course the letters would look splendid with
original rust too. it's just 
that I couldn't find the jar in time) 
Decoart chalk paint
decoart media fluid paynes grey 
decoart media mister red
I got the box from where I get many things I'm planning to alter, a Dutch shop called A*tion :-) They have quite some goodies, it's well worth a look now and then if you have one near you.
First of all: sorry for the pic's poor quality, there simply doesn't seem to be a place to take decent shots around the house.

Now after priming the box with gesso I painted it with two different colours of chalk paint, sanded it back and sealed the panels with wax. Finally the images were stamped with stazon black.

For the second bigger side some stamps were sponged with vintage photo, spritzed with water, crumpled up and heat dried. After I adhered them with glossy accents I stamped over them and glued down the letters that I painted with reactice metal paints beforehand; those I shadowed with a wash of paynes grey acrylic paint. In the end all panels were splattered with diluted acrylic paint.
 
 
For the envelopes I made different backgrounds; two with Brushos, one is from a gelli plate print and one is just a wash with acrylic mister. All the images were stamped and complemented with a few collage elements.

Thanks so much for visitng today, I really hope you like this a bit and maybe even get a hint of inspiration.
Hugs, Suzanne xx

Please don't miss our current challenge on the De stempelwinkel stampers challenge, which is Winter/Christmas. See you there ...

1 comment:

Jetske said...

You have altered this mailbox in a very nice way. It could be a nice present for someone, so this idea is perfect for the month of December.
And for those who don't have too much time to make something this big, a stash of nice envelopes makes a perfect gift too!
So there are two good ideas in this post, nothing to worry about! :-)