Sunday, 10 January 2016

ALTERED PHOTO FRAME.


Good Morning.... 

I have had another clay play day...
so today I have an altered photo frame to show you....its the partner to one I made back at the begining of November.
I still have quite a few of these 4 inch square wooden frames that are to be honest...boring!
I rolled out a piece of clay just slightly larger than the size of the frame... to allow for shrinkage when the clay dries.... then stamped in my chosen images.
After the clay was dry I adhered it to my frame and dried it out in the oven... this gives the clay a good bond to the wood.
I then painted the clay brown.... rubbed over it with metallic lustre and used antiquing cream over the top.
Finally I buffed it up with a soft white cloth.
The photo below shows both frames together....
but the light is rather bright...sorry.




SUPPLIES USED
ANTIQUING CREAM PATINA GREEN
STAMPS USED
CAPITAL N6511NS
GREEK TEXT N6504NS
DIANA P6510NS


Thanks for visiting BDx

1 comment:

Jetske said...

A beautiful set of frames! They are "joined" by the images that run from one frame to the other, perfect! That makes them a true pair.