Monday, 18 January 2016

Canvas Board - Eye of Horus

Hi all, it's Suzanne here, sharing a canvas board.
While desperately looking for something else I found a canvas board I started some time ago. I already painted it with washes of acrylic ink and did an image transfer with matte medium and a picture from a magazine.


supplies used
stamps
nefertiti collage P4202NS
scarabee N4207NS 
stone floor Q5414NS

others
gesso 3024-32314 
(love, love, love this very product, by the way)
decoart media crackle glaze clear
versamark embossing ink pad TS-VM001
embossing powder gold 432101
stazon ink pad timber brown
multi medium matte CH-HSP24927
decoart media ultra matte varnish DMM24-71
distress ink pad vintage photo  
modeling clay
DIY sand paste 
(which I described in a different post) 
or  ready-made  Modeling paste Texture sand paste
acrylic paints 
acrylic inks
watercolour pencils
neocolor II


On the background I added sand paste in some areas and roughly painted everything over with acrylic paint 'desert sand'. When dry I dry brushed the texture with different shades of brown/ochre and stamped parts of the stone floor. Finally some golden embossing powder was added.
The nefertiti collage was stamped onto coffee dyed paper I added more shades of brown to with distress vintage photo and water. The embellishment was made from air drying clay, painted, treated with crackle glaze and acrylic paint quin gold to highlight the cracks and finally heat embossed. Sadly the image didn't turn out very distinctly because I added paper scraps underneath, but I kind of like it this way.





Thanks so very much for stopping by.
Hugs, Suzanne xx

We'd love you to also stop stop by our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge and join :-) It's flora and fauna. Your playing along is highly appreciated :-D

6 comments:

Jetske said...

A beautiful canvas, I love the paper with the Nefertiti collage on it, that's a very interesting detail. Maybe you should have added the paper scraps later, on top of the clay after it had dried. That way the image would have come out better. But... there are no mistakes in art, and the canvas as a whole looks great!

Julia S-W said...

Simply stunning Suzanne. Just as it is! I love the texture, colours, images. . . . . everything! I love making my own embellishments from clay too so your little clay piece is right up my street. You do a much better job with the air dry clay; I can't get on with it at all. Hope all is well with you. xxx

Susan Salyer said...

I have never worked with air dry clay this is stunning. Beautiful art Suzanne.

Win Dinn said...

Loving the repetition of the circle - so powerful!

Saskia said...

Great project!

Karin said...

Wow this looks stunning Suzanne!