Monday, 1 February 2016

first of the month - one plate, three projects

Hi all ...
It's the first of the month today, in the beginning of a month we use just one plate for three different makes to show what different things you can make with the gorgeous stamps from de stempelwinkel.
I chose plate Plate 111 Trein

My first project is a doorhanger:
  
The backgrounds are made with mixed media, the tunnel is an image transfer, the train is heat embossed and the wooden letters are treated with crackle glaze.

Then I made a small Art Journal.
A coworker gave me cards for a rolodex which are no longer needed. Using the Arc System (it's a customizing notebook system, you can look it up with a search engine) I made this Art Journal. Front and back are plastic pockets which luckily just fit the size.
 

And last but not least I did a bit of 'upcycling' - I made a folder from a card board package. 
front

 back
 inside

For this I used different acrylic paints, stencils, a bit of torn paper, ultra matte varnish for sealing. 
I fixed two notebooks with elastic band. My son wished for it after he saw something similar in a shop and couldn't afford it. 

In addition to the stamp plate I used:

stazon jet black ink pad
embossing powder clear and silver
decoart media ultra matte varnish 
decoart media antiquing cream carbon black
stencils


I hope you like this a little bit.
And we'd love you to have a look at our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge which is 'words'.  I'm sure you'll come up with gorgeous ideas ;-)
Have a good week
hugs, Suzanne xx
.

2 comments:

Jetske said...

You have made some inspiring projects with this plate. I love that little art journal "to go", wonderful idea!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous inspiration. Love the up-cycling and the stamps you've used x