Saturday, 14 May 2016

Gastdesigner Neil Walker

TWEE SMALLE KAARTEN
TWO SLIM CARDS


For my third project I chose to make a couple of a tall slim "arty" cards. I've always loved the iconic imagery of Gustav Klimt so these stamps were inspiring.

I began by stamping the images onto watercolour card with Black Archival ink. I trimmed the card to be very tall and slim.
I painted the background with DecoArt Gold Fluid Acrylic paint and allowed to dry.
Another piece of white card was also painted gold and once dry it was stamped with some of the decorative elements from the set.
I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers and gold paint to add colour to the images.

I matted my images onto black card. A small piece of the patterned card was also matted and I folded a sheet of A4 card in half lengthways and mounted as seen.
To finish I added a sentiment sticker from my stash.






Materials

Water colour card
Black Card
White Card
DecoArt Gold Fluid Acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Double sided adhesive tape.

2 comments:

Jetske said...

This is ART! The golden background fits perfectly to the Klimt images, that stand out because of their bright colours. Very well done!

Tarah - Miss Thundercat said...

Amazing! The slim card looks so elegant! The gold and klimt stamps go ver well together.