Thursday, 1 September 2016

stationery

Hi all ...
It's Suzanne here, I'm back ..
It's the first of the month, time to share what different things you can do for example with one plate. In this case I chose the 'Alice in Wonderland' plate from Cherry Pie.

additional products I used:
gesso
Scarlet, Terracotta, Ost. Red, Black
DecoArt acrylic paints
tissue paper
embellishment clock
watercolor pencils
background stamp ledger  
TH die 'Gadget Gears'

At first I thought I'd do something steampunk-ish and started to prepare the backgrounds. But then I kind of fixated on Alice in Wonderland. So, why not combine it?
Out came a few matching (or at least I hope they match) objects for my desk.
At my favourite where-to-buy-things-to-alter shop I purchased the wooden frame with the metal clip.
I took the clip off and tore a piece of fabric to match. This I had in my stash, it was stained with coffee and some ink spray. Onto this I stamped images from the AiW plate, reinforced it and after crumpling it up while it was drying I adhered it to the board.
For the frame and the clip I used Rusty and sealed it with ultra matte varnish after adding some antiquing cream here and there.


For the notepad I simply used a thin piece of cardboard and added some blue tissue paper stamped with images from the AiW-plate. Onto this again I glued colored (watercolor pencils and waterbrush) and fuzzy cut stamp images.
The cogs are made from cardboard, die cut and painted with Rusty and antiquing cream.


Finally I reassembled the board.

This is a simple cardboard pencil box. Two sides of it were faced with some more stamped tissue paper, the other two were painted with quin gold and stamped (okay, I cheated a little bit here, but you could of course use any other background stamp or images from the plate, stamped with a lighter ink) with the ledger stamp. Finally some washi tape copper was added and some more cogs.



The background of the card was made with gesso on which I sprinkled some Brusho powder while wet and spread it with a sponge. Onto this different parts of the stamps were added to complete the background. Again, some tissue paper (red this time as you can see) has been stamped and glued down onto a playing card and behind the rabbit.


Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look today. I really hope you got a little bit of inspiration to use this absolutely adorable and verstile stamp plate.

Thanks again and have a great day.
Hugs, Suzanne

1 comment:

Jetske said...

I bet you will spend a lot of time at your desk now it's so nicely decorated! Love the things you made with this plate, I hope that our visitors will be inspired by your artwork!