Monday, 21 November 2016

mixed media board

merry christmas

Today I'm sharing a mixed media board, x-mas-ish :-)


supplies used
stamps

others
mixed media board
Brusho: sea green, turquoise, emerald green 
embossing powder gold detail, superfine white and holographic


The mixed media board has been prepared with gesso, torn paper, gesso again and a glaze from matte medium and acrylic paint dark red. Mercedes was stamped, masked and the city view image added.
Mercedes' wings were embossed with holographic embossing powder. Since I couldn't find my embossing ink-pen I used the cut'n'dry nibs; I have to say in a case of 'emergency' this works very well :-)  The 'trunk' was simply cut from brown cardstock.

For the 'tree' I chose three pieces of stampboard and 'dyed' them green with brusho and water (on the craft mat, swiped the color off, heat dried the board, repeated the steps three times), the stone floor image was stamped repeatedly with green ink. Finally I stipped embossing ink onto it with an old brush and heat embossed the golden specks.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a quiet week everyone.
Gugs, Suzanne xx

1 comment:

Jetske said...

A very alternative Christmas decoration. I like the use of Stampbord!