Hi all and a good morning to you.
It's Suzanne here today on the first of the month, sharing a technique: dry embossing + wax resist.
First you'll have to dry emboss a piece of cardstock or quite heavy watercolour paper and rub over the raised areas with a wax crayon or oil pastel. You don't have to use white neccessarily, you can also choose different colours of course.
Spritz the paper with water and apply for example various colours of distress stains, let them blend together - you can also do this with Bruhos for example, I'm sure it will work very well - will try this, too. Let dry or dry it with a heat tool.
You may gently rub back any colour that still sticks to the waxed areas, but be careful and remember the dye around those is water soluble, too ;-)
Decoart media antiquing cream patina green DMM152-26
Now you can finish and embellish the cards however you like. I chose to heat emboss some of the stamp images to make them pop out more. The bodies of the butterflies are scraps of old book pages made into paper beads. I painted them with brown acrylic paint, covered them with crackle glaze and rubbed some antiquing cream into the cracks.
I just love the grungy look of this background technique.
I hope you enjoyed today's technique post. We'd love you to visit our de stempelwinkel stampers challenge blog and join in.
Have a great weekend everyone ...
Hugs, Szanne xx
I used a TH embossing folder for the front and gave the woman on the back a touch of colour with watercolour pencils after everything has been sealed; I also finished the cover off with a bit of blue and brown cream wax.
Morning all, Mark here, and today I decided to use one of the Tando-creative media boards I made earlier this month in the step by step using the antiquing creams.
To finish the tag I cut some acetate to fit the board and stamped the images with black Stazon, once dry I flipped it over and using Decoart media fluid acrylics the Air Balloon was painted with shades of blue. Once dry a coat of white was added. This stops any of the translucency from being a problem.
The acetate was attached with an eyelet and hung with a suede string.
stazon inkpad jet black
media varnish ultra matte DMM24-71
glimmer mist pearl
two small notebooks,one blank, one lined
First I took the notebooks apart and arranged the pages anew, altering blank and lined pages and putting scraps of designpaper inbetween.
I collaged more pieces of designpaper and scraps of old book pages onto the cover with matte medium, added a thin layer of gesso with a scraper.
Then I sprayed the glimmermist on cling foil, sprinkled some brusho onto it and wrapped it face down around the cover. When dry I stamped the script for a background, the other images were stamped separately onto cardstock (brusho background as described, I used the cling foil twice) resp. designpaper with printed travel theme.
Finally I mixed some matte varnish and a little water in a spray bottle and sealed the cover. For good measure I finally added another layer of the varnish with a brush.
In the end I assembled the pages and the cover, sewed them together and added a few beads and embellishments.
De achtergrond gestempeld met Archival jet black. Ook de muziekgroep is daarmee gestempeld. Gesponsd met blauw en groen. Op regenboogpapier geplakt, de muziekgroep verhoogd hierop. De letters gestempeld, uitgeknipt en daarna op een restje regenboog papier en weer uitgeknipt. Ook 3D opgeplakt.
Vandaag heb ik het puzzelstuk weer heel anders gebruikt, ik heb er een quirky art doll van gemaakt. Hij is vrij basic gebleven, je kunt het natuurlijk helemaal naar je eigen smaak maken, met kleertjes en al.
Het lijf heb ik gemaakt met glimmermists en een masker. De handjes vervolgens geverfd met acrylverf, de swirl erop gestempeld met gouden brilliance inkt en knoopjes en glitters toegevoegd. Eyelets aangebracht om verbindingen te kunnen maken.
De klompjes had ik goud geverfd. Daarna heb ik ze gevuld met modelleerpasta en daar de 'voeten' in gedrukt om vast te zetten.
Today I made an art doll with the puzzlepiece. I started with glimmermists and a mask. Then I added hands with paint, stamped with gold brilliance and added buttons, eyelets and glitter. The wooden shoes were painted gold before I put them on his 'feet' with some modelling paste.
Het gezicht met Archival gestempeld op een geverfde ondergrond. Dit uitgestansd en geplakt op een grotere stans uit stevig karton.
I stamped the face with Archival on a painted die cut.
The pieces are primed with gesso, painted with Decoart chalky finish, stamped with the images and sanded back.
Because the drawers were just plain white I used one of them as a template and made some from patterned paper. Finally I painted a few accents with acrylic paint.